Monday, May 25, 2009

Too Many Projects...

I have been working on lots of projects since my last post - haven't had time to blog! Here are some of them - my first item made from the new stash of fabric... It's meant to be a brooch, but it's huge, so perhaps it could go on a hair band or tote bag. You never know - I might get brave and wear it to a craft show where that kind of thing doesn't stand out so much! The tutorial is here. I also prettied up an old hardcover notebook, as the one I usually carry around was full. It is my ideas book - for jotting random thoughts, quotes, recipes, layout ideas, website addresses etc. (BTW, if anyone knows where I can get some hardcover notebooks with blank pages instead of lines, please let me know. Been looking for ages.) I am really happy with it - it's so pretty it makes me smile! It's mostly made with Bella bits and pieces. Then there's the apron - I am transported back to the 50's with this one. The gathered skirt makes me look as big as a house, so I won't be modelling it anytime soon, but it's great. A real domestic goddess item! It's reversible too - twice as many groovy fabrics to look at. I altered mine a bit, but the general idea is here. I am also re-vamping a lampshade and noticeboard for around the house, and finishing a curly desk calendar for the benefit of my two youngest, who are constantly asking what day it is. Pictures of them when copmpleted... What with those projects, a couple of birthday cards and a full-time job, it's no wonder the kids' rooms are a mess, the carpet needs vacuuming and the garden is overgrown. Oh well, our house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy, as they say. Till next time, take care all. P.S. "My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint." Erma Bombeck

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails