Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Tour...

Hi all! Tomorrow (assuming I can work out the international time zones) I am joining in my first linky party over at Nesting Place. If you want to check out the tour, click on the button on the right.

So here is a little tour of my house as I get ready to host the 'big family Christmas'. Come on in! I decided to start the new colour scheme right at the front door. The famous Eddie Ross wreath has pride of place in the lounge, along with some simple bursts of colour in the new theme.

Bowls full of baubles add lots of punch for little dollars. (These are all plastic!) The tree - also themed for the very first time! Luckily my multi-coloured ornament collection of many years included plenty of red, aqua and silver, so I only had to buy a few new pieces.
Couldn't resist this little guy. He's new. (How could I go past the aqua feathers, I ask you?!)
I shopped the house for accessories the right colour, so that I could have a little bit of Christmas everywhere...
and even the smallest room in the house deserves some festive cheer.
I added some sweets in my colour for the season (these are sugared almonds) as they are a fun and cheap way tie in any little area.
And finally, as this is Queensland, I have added a wreath and fairy lights to our outdoor entertaining area. This space will get plenty of use on the big day, so why not?
Hope you enjoyed the tour. Come back soon!

28 comments:

Candy Perfume Girl said...

LOVE love!! It all looks beautiful...

Candy Perfume Girl said...

Love LOVE!! It all looks gorgeous Paula!!!! x0x

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the colors. Thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Everything is just so pretty. i love the blue~

sandy toe

Carly said...

Oh, oh, oh! I love the blue/teal with all the red and green. Thanks for sharing!!!

Decor To Adore said...

Your home is just beautiful. May many wonderful Christmas memories be made within its walls.

Our home is having an old fashioned handmade Christmas this year. I hope you will stop by.

Unknown said...

Love the colours! Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

What a charming color scheme!

Debra Howard said...

What great colors. I would not have thought to put the red with the aqua and I love it! Great job.
Debbie

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I love everything! Your ornament wreath is to die for! I *love* your new color scheme! I had to enlarge the lounge table to look at every last detail. FABULOUS!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing & Happy Holidays!

Laryssa Herbert said...

I have copper birds just like your aqua ones! They are beautiful.

Thanks for showing us around.
Merry Christmas!

Angie Holden said...

Love the color theme! Great job!

Marianne said...

What a wonderful color combination. And I sure understand why you couldn't resist that little birdie!

sweetjeanette said...

that pop of aqua is stunning! Stopping by from Nester's tour. Thank you for allowing us to peek in!

Come to my Christmas Goodies Recipe Exchange and link up Dec 15

K Mommy said...

I LOVE aqua and red together. So pretty!

Free Art Printables said...

I love the pop of aqua!

Unknown said...

The aqua accents are just gorgeous! Merry Christmas!

Kendall Jones said...

Love all the red and blue!

Lacey said...

Love your Eddie Ross wreath...it came out great!

Our Family said...

Wow! The blue really pops. Looks great! Merry Christmas!

The Buntens said...

The colors are beautiful!

Girly Stuff said...

I am lovin' your new colors!

Beckypdj said...

It is wonderful. I love those colors together.

Merry Christmas!!!

Shelby said...

Nice job! Thanks for letting us tour!

Anonymous said...

Wow! The aqua is stunning. I am stopping in from Nester's Place. To see my tour click on the 'Christmas 2009' Tag on in the left sidebar!

Sarah C said...

Really striking!

Campbell Jane said...

Love the Christmas Spirit & decorations in your home. Absolutely love the turquoise color! You are welcome to stop by my blog to view my home.
Happy Holidays & Many Blessings
Campbelljane

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails