Thursday, June 3, 2010

Key Art...

I have finally got around to a little art piece that has been on the drawing board for ages. I bought this frame from a discount shop months ago, waiting on finding some vintage skeleton keys.

Unfortunately, the real thing is a bit spendy - if you can even find them. I settled for the three largest of these:

         (Purchased from Twilight Crafts while at the Esk retreat.)

I used some paper scraps with text (that I already had) that fitted ...


and Voila! More art for my house. Which I need. 'Cause you can still see bits of the wall in some places.


So I had a little accessory re-arrange and made my linen chest vignette a bit more Autumnal.


Roll on cooler weather. More time for projects!
Stay warm.

P.S. "Barometer, n.: An ingenious instrument which indicates what kind of weather we are already having."     Ambrose Bierce

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Found you via Show and Share Day...I love your skeleton key art! It's so beautiful...I wanted to do something like that recently, but nothing like the 'metal art' was available here in Canada..so I ended up buying skeleton key jewellery charms...one day I'll get around to posting it!

Great idea...beautiful end result!

Kari said...

This looks great! I like the way they look in the separated frame :). Thanks for sharing!

Melissa Miller said...

It looks beautiful! I've been trying to figure out what to do with mine and I love it. Thanks for sahring!

Blessings, ~Melissa :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails