Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hopping Down the Bunny Trail . . .

I knew the colours in the great printables I mentioned in my last post were calling to me for a reason . 
I completely forgot that a few weeks ago I picked up some of these while doing the grocery shopping at Aldi
 . . .thinking that they would be great for the small one to take to school for his friends . ( He is the only one at an age where giving gifts and cards to your classmates is still cool ! ) The eggs are a perfect match with the colours in the party printables.
I used these thin cello bags that I already had . . .
which were just wide enough to get the eggs in . I printed off the 6 tent cards from the set on white card , folded them ,  rounded the corners and used them as bag toppers for his 6 closest friends ( so he could add their names ) .
See how well the egg colours match ?? They looked beautiful en masse . . .
The rest of the class got un-named ones , finished with a smaller topper . ( I got the PDF from Etsy here. )
Each bag only contains 7 jelly eggs ( which are just like jelly beans , only egg-shaped , in case you were wondering ) , so I managed to cover the whole class of 25 and the teacher with 4 bags .
For his teacher , I used one of these transparent mini-buckets ( you can get them from craft shops ) . . .
I printed off the drink wraps and used one on the inside of the bucket . Then I filled it with some shredded cellophane and jelly eggs .
I punched a scallop around one of the mini logos for the lid , and cut out the centre of another drink wrap for a gift tag .
Here it is all put together with some ribbon scraps tied to the handle .
Oooooo ! Pretty .
P . S . Q.  Why did the jelly bean go to school? 
           A.  Because he wanted to be a smartie.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails