Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hippity , hoppity , Easter's on it's way . . .

When did we start decorating for Easter ?? 
I don't remember any special Easter-related items from my childhood , though when I first left home to go to uni I did have a cane basket I put in the centre of the table for eggs over the Easter weekend . Through the years there have been occasional items made from instructions in magazines , mostly for gifts , but it wasn't until I started reading blogs that I realised making a fuss of occasions other than Christmas was actually quite common ! I made my first egg tree a couple of years ago and have been adding bits and pieces ever since.
This year I have made a really pretty garland , using this beautiful free printable as a starting point .
I printed it out ( just on paper ) several times and then cut out all the pieces . Then I laid them out across the table , adding extra punched pieces ( from here ) until I had enough length ( I used 18 flags ) and the mix of colour and pattern was even .
Then I used these trusty staples . . .
to put the garland together . . .
Taa-daa ! All hung as part of my Easter display , and so pretty with all the soft pastels .


P.S. "I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves."  Anna Quindlen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails