Thursday, June 7, 2012

Progress . . .

It's slow, but it's progress nonetheless .
This is how the living room wall looked before I began . .
And this is where we are now . . .
As I get each frame painted black (if it wasn't already , which was most of them) and find the right picture to go in it, I'm putting it up following my trusty photo guide in the last post .
I am using 3M Command picture hanging strips which are brilliant (absolutely no holes in this wall under the art) but are a bit too pricey to do all at once . So slowly , slowly with this project , getting a little painting done and buying another packet of strips each week .
Already the room feels different . It's making me move all sorts of things that have been static for the last 5 years ! Can't wait to show you it all finished .

P.S. In other organisational news , I have added some little shelves to the pantry to stop the tins and jars getting so out of control .
 Arrrgggghhh!
Ahhhhhhhhh.
Working well so far . Will let you know whan I get the rest of the pantry sorted . Hmmmmm. Don't hold you breath on that one - it's an ongoing, ongoing project . If you have any tips in this area , do let me know your secrets .

P.P.S. " Out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord, find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. " Albert Einstein

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails