Sunday, August 26, 2012

Latest happenings in the Creek . . .

I have tried my hand at sewing something new lately - doll's clothes.
 It's a lot harder than it looks!
I think that my fingers and the arm of my sewing machine must be much fatter
 than other people's, 'cause I've found it very frustrating.
I have managed these so far . . .
(they are Blythe sized)
I might have to improve my hand sewing if I'm going to continue in this endeavour, or perhaps outsource! Muuuummm . . .
On the other hand, the youngest has used his new-found stitching skills to make his bear more comfy . . .
And seeing his brother's pillow, F conned me into making a bed for his action figures!
(Mattress, pillow, sheet and blanket, no less!)
(Doesn't Master Chief look cosy?)
We haven't just been sewing though, we've also been strawberry picking
in Eumundi ('tis the season, after all) . . .
and had a family picnic trip to Alma Park Zoo to celebrate R's 9th birthday tomorrow.
So back after tomorrow with gratuitous birthday cake shots! 

P.S. "Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life!" Albert Einstein

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails