Sunday, March 24, 2013

Coming up fast . . .

The fact that Easter is at the end of March this year has really caught me 'on the hop ',
even though , as Wikipedia explains, it is a 'movable feast ' and can be anywhere from the
22nd of March to the 25th of April. I really should be more organised!
This weekend I have pulled out the egg tree I made a few years ago and also the garland
I made last year and created a couple of vignettes around the house.
You might notice my new additions for this year  . . . 
So very sweet.
I also made some printable tags to use on Easter gifts this year. I made 5 different colourways,
so that each gift would be individual. Feel free to use them for your own projects if you like.
 (I created them in the ' Ribbet ' photo editing program, in case you're wondering.) Just right-click
and save them to your computer for printing.
I used two of them for the primary school kids' teachers - one male and one female.
 I sorted through my scrapbbok paper to find something that matched well, in terms of
colour and simplicity. I chose a different stripe for each.
I mounted the paper tag on some plain white card (to create a border and make it stiff),
though if I'd had any large pieces of card I would have printed directly on to that.
I used small acrylic craft pails to make the gifts (I bought a whole stack of these on sale
ages ago, but you can get them from craft shops or online), with a strip of paper cut to
size to line the inside of pail.
Once the pails were filled with some eggs (mini candy-coated speckled ones in pastel colors
 for Mrs N and hazelnut praline chocolate ones for Mr M), I punched a matching scallop for
each and glued it to the lid.
The kids added their Easter wishes to the back of the tags and I attached them to the
 handle with some co-ordinating ribbon. All ready for Thursday.
Now I just need to get the rest of the things for family and friends ready . . .
6 days to go. Yikes!

P.S. "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." Charles M. Schulz




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails